Посмотрел на нетфликсе пару первых серий «Охота на Унабомбера». Имя это я раньше слышал, но ничего не знал о его позиции. IQ у него был 167. Это высоко. До того, как этого террориста поймали, он написал «манифест». Если есть пара часов, прочитайте. В нем — короткое изложение проблем современного общества, его будущего и единственный, на взгляд Казински, путь освобождение от неминуемого порабощения машинами. Я не согласен, что он прилепил табличку «выход» на правильную дверь. Но ситуацию в целом обрисовал очень чётко.
Вот несколько цитат:
- If a society needs a large, powerful law enforcement establishment, then there is something gravely wrong with that society; it must be subjecting people to severe pressures if so many refuse to follow the rules, or follow them only because forced.
- Most individuals are unable to inﬂuence measurably the major decisions that affect their lives. There is no conceivable way to remedy this in a technologically advanced society. The system tries to “solve” this problem by using propaganda to make people WANT the decisions that have been made for them.
- The concept of “mental health” in our society is deﬁned largely by the extent to which an individual behaves in accord with the needs of the system and does so without showing signs of stress.
- Instead of removing the conditions that make people depressed, modern society gives them antidepressant drugs. In effect, antidepressants are a means of modifying an individual’s internal state in such a way as to enable him to tolerate social conditions that he would otherwise ﬁnd intolerable.
- Will public resistance prevent the introduction of technological control of human behavior? It certainly would if an attempt were made to introduce such control all at once. But since technological control will be introduced through a long sequence of small advances, there will be no rational and effective public resistance.
- In the United States, a couple of decades ago when leftists were a minority in our universities, leftist professors were vigorous proponents of academic freedom, but today, in those of our universities where leftists have become dominant, they have shown themselves ready to take away from everyone else’s academic freedom.(This is “political correctness.”
Про левых очень в точку:
- The leftist is motivated less by distress at society’s ills than by the need to satisfy his drive for power by imposing his solutions on society.
Сотрудничество с левыми Казински считает опасным и недальновидным шагом. Про то, как определить «левого»:
- The leftist is oriented toward large-scale collectivism. He emphasizes the duty of the individual to serve society and the duty of society to take care of the individual. He has a negative attitude toward individualism. He often takes a moralistic tone. He tends to be for gun control, for sex education and other psychologically “enlightened” educational methods, for social planning, for afﬁrmative action, for multiculturalism. He tends to identify with victims. He tends to be against competition and against violence, but he ofte ﬁnds excuses for those leftists who do commit violence. He is fond of using the common catch-phrases of the left, like “racism,” “sexism,” “homophobia,” “capitalism,” “imperialism,” “neocolonialism,” “genocide,” “social change,” “social justice,” “social responsibility. ” Maybe the best diagnostic trait of the leftist is his tendency to sympathize with the following movements: feminism, gay rights, ethnic rights, disability rights, animal rights, political correctness. Anyone who strongly sympathizes with ALL of these movements is almost certainly a leftist.